First Baptist Church
We have Bible Study discussion on Wednesday nights from March through November at 7pm in the fellowship hall. Below are a few notes from the lesson of the evening.
Scripture Lesson for 6/3/2020 Ephesians 4:1-6
- A call for unity among God's people
- Jesus Christ has the power to change us at our core
- Paul reminds us that we must walk worthily of our position
- Meekness does NOT equal weakness!
- Anger must be controlled to keep the true message untainted
- God has a way of using what was meant for hate to actually benefit us and glorify him
- It's easy to love when surrounded by love; it's more difficult but still necessary when persecuted
- We must stand together in spirit because God is in all of us, not just a select few
- God uses our suffering to bring us back to him and remind us that He is our hope, truth, and all & all
- There is only one God above all who has the power to work THROUGH all
- God can give peace in midst of injustice (ex. the Israelites in book of Exodus)
- Why do we teach children to pray at night?
- That is when we are going into our darkest hour
- If we can show love during our darkest hour, it is so much easier to show during the light of day